Feral hogs are a nuisance but they sure are tasty if cooked right. Regional cooking expert Jesse Griffiths, author of "Afield: A Chef's Guide to Preparing and Cooking Wild Game and Fish," turns these wild pigs into a melt-in-your-mouth southwestern classic.
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees.
- Season the hog with salt, pepper, chipotle, brown sugar, oregano and cumin, rubbing the spice mix all over.
- Place the onions in an ovenproof pot with a tight-fitting lid and place the hog on top.
- Cover tightly and bake for 6-8 hours, or until completely tender.
- Serve with tortillas, pico de gallo and guacamole.